Friday, March 30, 2007

Arun Thai Place Grill: 7th & Walnut

Friday, March 30, 2007
Arun Thai Place has closed according to The Star's Dollars & Sense blog (via Fat City.) Jan. 5, 2010

A little touch of Thailand right here in KC. This is a weird location, at least kind of weird to walk to. Maybe that makes me weird since I don't drive 3 blocks from work to lunch like everyone in KC seems to. Anyhow, for those who have been to any of the Thai Place spots in town know what to expect: Thai food.

But something like this was sorely needed in the area, sometimes I feel like I'll explode if I eat one more goddamn turkey sandwich that someone pretends is special because there's aioli on it. Aioli is basically MAYONNAISE people. You could puree Hellman's with some pimentos and garlic and call it friggin aioli. God the 90's really ruined food while simultaneously making it ten times better.

The 1990's gave us restaurants like Thai Place, where before Thai restaurants were more sparse, and tended to feature plastic covered booths, shiny patterned wallpaper, and giant prints of unknown buildings and landscapes. At least where I grew up, they were almost always empty, and I'd go there after school with girls who liked me but I didn;t realize it, where we would drink 2 cups of thai iced coffee and feel great because there was no chance of running into some jackass from our school.

Thai Place is not like that. But they have a fully stocked bar, which is sweet.

Read more:

Thai Place on Urbanspoon

Yelp

0 comments:

Your Ad Here
 
Copyright 2007-2011 by Kansas City Lunch Spots. All Rights Reserved.